Week 1 discussions

Mr Carl Rogers highlighted some fundamental rules as it relates to learning. The five elements of learning should be a guideline for teachers. Although educators are essential to our education system they should serve as the initiative body of learning whom sparks the learning interests of students while providing guidance and resources.
Students should be allowed to self -stimulate their learning interests with the help of the educator because a mind which is open and willing to learn is limitless.
Steven Downes also made an important indication that learning does not simply happen within an individual as actionable knowledge surrounds us. I am in agreement however, an individual could be surrounded by resources or sceneries which could offer knowledge but would most often not take the time to learn if the mind is not open to learning.

• Gerald Ardito

By Gerald Ardito

Julie,

I love this:

Students should be allowed to self -stimulate their learning interests with the help of the educator because a mind which is open and willing to learn is limitless.

If you haven't already,please post this as part of the discussion I started so that they others can see and respond. You can find it here.

• Jacqueline Wyman

By Jacqueline Wyman

Hi,

I agree with your statement that "a mind that is open and willing to learn is limitless." As I learn more about how to teach, opening the mind seems to be the first step to teaching. If students are closed off, perhaps because of poor learning experiences in the past, they may be more inclined to not want to learn or even think they are unable to learn.  We are in agreement that a successful teacher definitely has to provide inspiration and motivation to students!

EDG 606 Fall 2017

EDG 606 Fall 2017

This is the online home for the EDG 606 Learning Environments course with Dr. Ardito for Fall 2017.