Reflecting on our 3 Minute Presentations

Now that you have prepared and delivered your 3-minute presentations, it is time to reflect on the process and your performances. 

Please consider the following questions

What was your process for designing your 3 minute lesson? How did you decide what and how to present what you presented?

How did you feel about the success of your presentation? What worked? What didn’t? Why/why not?

How could you have determined whether folks learned what you wanted them to learn?

What are you walking away with from this experience?

Then, prepare a thorough and substantive reflection on your experience and post it to this discussion. We learn from one another, so feel free to respond to others' posts.

This is due by class on Thursday, February 20.

• Richard Herrera

By Richard Herrera

What was your process for designing your 3 minute lesson? How did you decide what and how to present what you presented?

My process for designing my 3 minute lesson included multiple things. First, I brainstormed and made a list of a couple things that I am passionate about and started to eliminate them one by one until only one was left. From here, I had to plan on how to present my presentation. I knew that I wanted to have visuals and I knew that I wanted to show a video that gave an insight on what the show is all about, so I eventually decided on committing to a powerpoint. From there, it was just talking about the show and all the amazing qualities that drew me into the show in the first place. 

How did you feel about the success of your presentation? What worked? What didn’t? Why/why not?

I am very amused by the outcome of my presentation. I gotta admit, it went a lot better than I had planned and I finished right within the time frame which was my biggest worry. The video was probably the best idea to start the presentation with since it gave a great hook and captivated everyone's attention. The only thing that I wish I did was go more in depth about the different strategies players use and how the show has reformed throughout the years.

How could you have determined whether folks learned what you wanted them to learn?

The way I could determine if folks captivated my information is basically if I gave them interest in watching the show. The ultimate goal for me was not only to inform, but to persuade the audience in watching the new season with me. After reading my reviews, I think that my presentation did sway a couple individuals to start watching the show too.

After this experience, I have an idea of what teaching in a classroom setting would be like. I now understand the  pressure of the time constraint that follows with being a teacher. But, now that I went through this assignment, I feel more prepared to embark in the journey to become a teacher.

• Richard Herrera

By Richard Herrera

My process for designing my 3 minute lesson included multiple things. First, I brainstormed and made a list of a couple things that I am passionate about and started to eliminate them one by one until only one was left. From here, I had to plan on how to present my presentation. I knew that I wanted to have visuals and I knew that I wanted to show a video that gave an insight on what the show is all about, so I eventually decided on committing to a powerpoint. From there, it was just talking about the show and all the amazing qualities that drew me into the show in the first place. 

I am very amused by the outcome of my presentation. I gotta admit, it went a lot better than I had planned and I finished right within the time frame which was my biggest worry. The video was probably the best idea to start the presentation with since it gave a great hook and captivated everyone's attention. The only thing that I wish I did was go more in depth about the different strategies players use and how the show has reformed throughout the years.

The way I could determine if folks captivated my information is basically if I gave them interest in watching the show. The ultimate goal for me was not only to inform, but to persuade the audience in watching the new season with me. After reading my reviews, I think that my presentation did sway a couple individuals to start watching the show too.

After this experience, I have an idea of what teaching in a classroom setting would be like. I now understand the  pressure of the time constraint that follows with being a teacher. But, now that I went through this assignment, I feel more prepared to embark in the journey to become a teacher.

TCH 215 Spring 2020

TCH 215 Spring 2020

Welcome to the online home for TCH 215.