Training for TFs on lesson plan template

Now that I have visited all my teachers and received a lesson plan from each of them, I am sensing that they are confused about it.  One of my teachers said he just got the template via email shortly before I met with him.  He says it is very different from the one he trained on with the DOE.  Are our TFs confused because they trained with the DOE lesson plan template, they have been given another by Pace and their school may use still another?.Is it possible for them to get some training on it? Perhaps during their coursework? 

• Toby Marxuach-Gusciora

By Toby Marxuach-Gusciora

I have met with  7 of my 8 teachers only one teacher found it confusing. Several liked it because it made them think about several things they had not thought about  previously. Also some of them used it in their classes this summer.I have all second year tears.

• Toby Marxuach-Gusciora

By Toby Marxuach-Gusciora

typo teachers

• Arnold  Levine

By Arnold Levine

I feel for the TFs.  They use the lesson plan required by the administration.  When they take the ed.TPA, they will be required to complete the ed.TPA Lesson Plan Format.  During the visits by their Field Consultant the TFs will use the Pace Lesson Plan Format.  To be or not to be that is the question?  Which format will be best for them? Which format will they use when they are flying on their own?  I have my thoughts.  What do you think?

• Barry Amper

By Barry Amper

Actually, students can use this template for the EdTpa.  Also, except for formal observations, there is no formal lesson plan for day to day use in the NYCDOE, as per contract.  Besides, does it really matter how the necessary information needed to teach a lesson is presented?  A good lesson is a good lesson.  The Pace Template helps them organize that plan.  The same information is necessary for any lesson - so maybe it is good that they learn to be flexible.  In the long run, it is Pace's School of Education's template that they must use for anything Pace, at least for the time being or until the format or requirements change.  Thoughts?

• Judith Schwartz

By Judith Schwartz

I have been reviewing the templates the student teachers I visit have been completing before my visit.  Here is a suggestion:

The learning objective(s) should be at the top of the plan on the first page under the "Standards Addressed". As an observer the first thing I look for is student's mastery of the objective(s).  Teachers typically have on the board an "Aim" or "SWBAT". I think the objective (s) is the most important part of the plan and teachers often lose sight of the objective and its mastery.

Pace University Clinical Supervisors

Pace University Clinical Supervisors

This is the online home for Pace University's School of Education Clinical Supervisors.